Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Empathy Research with Discover Datasheets

For this assignment, I did my empathy research over the elearning facilitation workshop for faculty. I observed the most recently taught course. There were multiple instances of learner feedback and I was able to observe and document a problem in the learning environment. My Discover Datasheet is below.



I was actually surprised that this discussion policy would be an issue with the learners as most instructors I work with have this same policy in their courses. I understand the reasoning behind this policy from the faculty side but it was interesting to see their perspectives as students and how the two differ. It would be interesting to see if these instructors implement this requirement in their courses and what the outcome would be.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Sarah. This is a good example of using the Discover Datasheet to observe and identify meaningful data/information about an environment. Yes, many faculty have "religion" around this issue and, not surprisingly, students often see it differently.

    ReplyDelete