Friday, September 2, 2016

Modeling Learning Environment Layers

For this assignment I chose the model "A Run with Friends"


Outcome Layer
I believe the outcome of this model in particular is the time spent with friends while exercising.



Strategy Layer
The strategy for accomplishing this is by running.



Systems Layer
The system used can be found in the interaction between the participants prior to the actual run and in the feedback gathered afterwards.



Experience
The experience of this can be gathered from the entire process of the actual run itself.









3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    First, I'm adding this to my Learning Design Challenge Solutions for #2, "A Run with Friend(s)."

    From a layers perspective, I had a couple of additional thoughts.

    1. I think both the strategy and system may have more components than you show here. For good conversation, the right route or conditions matter, for example (System). It's also important to have the right running partner (more than just a friend (Strategy).

    2. Also, I think you want to look at expressing th experience more in terms fo what the learner will "feel."

    Good initial work overall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, forgot the link to my post -- http://learningdesignchallenge.com/design-challenges/design-challenge-2-a-run-with-friends/

      Delete
  2. Sarah,
    I am not a runner but aspire to become one [goal I have had for years but have left it setting safely on a shelf for another day!!] and as such, I would add an outcome to complete the run. That would be a big accomplishment for me personally.

    I like the idea to share personal stories but I wonder if this is the outcome? Perhaps reshaping the outcome to "develop a passion for running" might provide a more focused outcome. The storytelling would become part of your strategy. Just a thought....

    ReplyDelete