Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Applying the LEDx to BIG Design Challenges

For my design challenge, I chose to apply the LEDx framework to “Your Ideal Introductory Video for a Course.”

Part of my job as an ID is to manage the faculty facilitation course for UCO. In this course we share best practices and one of the content topics is to create the ideal welcome message. I am going to be basing the following framework off of interactions I've had with my faculty.

Discover: Empathy Research

I would like to start off my conversations with finding out what the instructor's purpose is in creating this message. In Facilitation, I get a variety of videos. Some want to instantly build a connection and use the video for this purpose. Others are quick and to the point in conveying pertinent information.

Understand: Diagnostic Model

It's always useful to see the message or video the instructor is now using. It gives me a baseline to start from.

Envision: Design Model

In this particular topic, instructors must share their videos with the class so they have ample opportunity to see what their colleagues are doing. If they are just working one-on-one with me, I will have plenty of examples to show them to find out what kind of format they like.

Build: Develop Environment

Instructors can use any type of video recording they like. Once the instructor creates a video, I will give feedback.

Innovate

Once the instructor has an opportunity to use the video in class, I will recommend that they revamp it every semester. They should always keep in mind what worked and what didn't work.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    I think it might also be helpful int he Understand step to get student perspectives on what makes a helpful/impactful/good video introduction.

    ReplyDelete