Tuesday, August 2, 2016



My previous attitude towards learning environments was influenced by years of school - mainly face-face classroom instruction. Anything that happened outside of that rigid environment was not learning - it was just life. However, after examining some daily activities of mine I noticed that I frequently pick up bits of information from websites I visit. I am not a huge fan of social media but I do really like Pinterest. Below is an example of the type of information I come across there. It's the same information you could learn in a classroom but this is condensed into interesting little snippets. These snippets usually lead me to investigate a topic further.



1 comment:

  1. I'm responding to this specific post (I think it's the right one) -- http://iledcourse.blogspot.com/2016/08/my-previous-attitude-towards-learning.html#comment-form.

    Anyway, I find Pinterest to be a real "tweener" when it comes to social media. It really does seem to capture a lot of people who, normally, aren't necessarily social media fans. It is also a great medium for sharing certain types of information.

    What do you think it's appeal is?

    ReplyDelete